First, the product name
Chinese name: acetylene cylinder
English name: Acetylene cylinder
Second, product introduction
(1) Acetylene bottle is a high-pressure container for storing and transporting acetylene. It is generally made of alloy structural steel, which is hot-punched and pressed, and has a cylindrical shape.
(2) The shoulder of the cylinder is marked with the working pressure, test pressure, volume, weight, and other information. The surface is painted white, and the word "acetylene" is written in red.
(3) The standard of gas storage capacity of acetylene bottles is the pressure resistance.
(4) An acetylene bottle is a container for storing and transporting acetylene. The shape is similar to an oxygen cylinder, but its construction is more complicated than an oxygen cylinder. The main part of the acetylene bottle is a cylindrical welded bottle body rolled from high quality carbon steel or low alloy steel.
(5) The bottle is filled with a porous filler filled with acetone to enable stable and safe storage of acetylene in the bottle. When used, the acetylene dissolved in acetone is decomposed and flows out through the acetylene bottle valve. The acetone remained in the bottle to dissolve and press acetylene again. Asbestos is placed in the long hole in the center of the packing under the acetylene bottle valve to help the acetylene decompose from the porous packing.
Third, common uses
(1) Acetylene can be used to illuminate, weld, and cut metal (oxygen flame), and is also a basic raw material for producing acetaldehyde, acetic acid, benzene, synthetic rubber, synthetic fibers, and the like.
(2) When acetylene is burned, it can generate high temperature. The temperature of oxyacetylene flame can reach about 3200 °C, which is used for cutting and welding metal. Supplying an appropriate amount of air, it can be completely burned to emit bright white light, and can be used as an illumination source where the electric lamp is not popular or has no power. Acetylene is chemically active and can react with many reagents.
(3) Before the 1960s, acetylene was the most important raw material for organic synthesis and is still one of the important raw materials. If it is added with hydrogen chloride, hydrocyanic acid or acetic acid, a raw material for producing a high polymer can be produced.
(4) Under different conditions, acetylene can undergo different polymerizations to form vinyl acetylene or divinyl acetylene. The former can be added with hydrogen chloride to obtain the raw material of chloroprene rubber. 2-chloro-1,3-butyl Alkene. At the high temperature of 400-500 ° C, acetylene can undergo cyclic tri-polymerization to form benzene. With nickel cyanide Ni(CN) 2 as catalyst, cyclooctatetraene can be formed at 50 ° C and 1.2-2 MPa.
(5) Acetylene is decomposed into carbon and hydrogen at a high temperature, whereby acetylene black can be produced. Under certain conditions, acetylene is polymerized to form aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzene, toluene, xylene, naphthalene, anthracene, styrene, and anthracene. A series of extremely valuable products can be produced by substitution reactions and addition reactions.
Fourth, product specifications